The ReadyNAS is one of the greatest way to store all accessible contents but it is even better if one can work with that content when away from their location. Here, we will teach users how to Store Data with The Help of Netgear ReadyNAS. Even better what if users are able to organize content, assign which users can actually work with which files, set file access permissions, and many more are there. Thankfully, the ReadyNAS can do this process which is an extension to HTTP to allow files access on remote basis over HTTP or HTTPS.
Steps to Store Data with The Help of Netgear ReadyNAS:
Step 1: First you setup the ReadyNAS for WebDav and search for a detailed guide on how to proceed further. Once done we should begin to add the WebDav enabled ReadyNAS. It will be a Mapped Private Cloud to SME.
- To do this, try to setup an Account at StorageMadeEasy.com and then, setup of a Cloud File Server Account.
- As per as Netgear Router Support technicians, once users have created an account, they need to configure the WebDav connector to work with the ReadyNAS. To process this, simply navigate to ‘My DashBoard’ icon from the sidebar. Now, choose to add a new “WebDav Provider’ icon.
- Click on ‘Add Provider’ icon which will take users to a screen and allow them to add the ReadyNAS WebDav provider details.
- Enter the “IP Address for the WebDav Server host to setup when working with the ReadyNAS for WebDav. For username and password, work with the same username and password which users will use to access a share on their PC. Once done click ‘continue. Now, sync the ReadyNAS file meta data from the share which is just created.
- Once done, the ReadyNAS device is available to be used as a CloudFile Server.
Step 2: When users need to navigate to the file manager, an option of ReadyNAS files/folders will appear on the screen which users have created on the ReadyNAS. In this case users will add Google Docs with the same procedure as adding the WebDav provider above. The next thing is to create some users which can be done from the Web Dashboard. Enter Users login become <username>@<Cloud File Server name>. Once done, add some shared Organization Folders from the File Manager and set few access permissions against them.
Related Blog: How To Install Hard Drive On Netgear Centria?
For more queries like above one, dial our expert team and connect with them for instant solutions!
We are working 24/7 hours at 1-800-335-8177 Netgear Router Support Number to bring users a perfect blend of solution at their desk. Technical support experts are highly skilled and competent in dealing with any level issues that arise in the routers. So, place a call at our end and get the most appropriate response from our end.