If high-quality network devices are what you want, then you will very few brands that are as good as Netgear. You can get network routers, range extenders, WiFi repeaters which will all work well for you.
If you have bought for yourself a Netgear EX6200 WiFi range extender and looking for comprehensive instructions on how to perform the Netgear EX6200 setup, then here you get that.
Here, we are going to show you all the steps that you need to properly complete the setup. But more than that, you are going to find out about other important details. All these are going to make the process even easier for you.
So, without any further ado, let us go ahead and lay down all the information.
Reasons you Need to Do the Netgear EX6200 Setup
Let us first discuss the reasons for which you will need to take some time to set this device up. Thus, it will be a lot easier for you to carry out the instructions of the setup.
It is true that the instructions are a bit technical, and some might find it difficult to understand, but having the right context for that is going to help you.
Now, as you might know, that WiFi range extenders do not create an internet access point on its own. It just extends an already-existing connection into an area that is further away from the source.
Thus, that will require you to configure the device from the very beginning. You will have to make sure that the network settings are in parity with that of the source router, otherwise, there will not be any kind of synchronization between the 2 devices.
With a section of your WiFi access point range exposed, it will be open for hackers to break in. Further, technical glitches can occur from time to time and that will likely happen if you keep using the device for a long time.
Thus, you have the primary reasons for which setting up the NetGear EX6200 WiFi range extender is necessary. So, now let us show you how to do that.
How to Setup Netgear EX6200: Step by Step Instructions
Have a look at the different steps that you will have to take to complete the Netgear EX6200 setup.
- Put the device within the range of your network router and plug it into a source of power.
- Press the Power button which you are going to find next to the power indicator LED. Wait as that LED starts glowing solid before you proceed further.
- Disconnect your computer from any network source if it already is in connection.
- Connect the range extender to your computer with an Ethernet cable with the available LAN ports.
- Now, open up your computer and launch the web browser on it. You will see that the browser will display the Netgear Genie interface.
- Click on a 2.4GHz access point that you would want to extend with the device. Type in the password if you get the prompt for that and click on the Continue button. Then, select the Encryption Strength for it.
- Now, select the 5GHz Wifi access point that you want to extend and click on Continue. Select the Encryption Strength with the radio buttons.
- Use the default network names which you have for your Netgear WiFi range extender. Click the Continue button after that to go to the next step.
- You will now have to wait for 2 minutes or so, as the device creates the network. Use a WiFi network-manager from your computer to connect to the new access point.
- Look for the My wireless devices are connected to the Extender network option and click on it. Click on the Continue button once again after that.
- Click on the Finish button now, and then in the pop-up that comes after that, click OK.
This completes the first part of the process, and now you will have to register the device.
How to Register your Netgear EX6200 WiFi Range Extender
Here are the steps you need for the registering process and to complete the setup method.
- If you get a login prompt, type in the necessary details to log in. And in the window after that, click on the Register option and shut off your web browser.
- Select the browser that you want to use for this and take the connector cable out from the devices.
- Now, you will have to set the device in a proper place to make sure you get a sound connection.
- Click on the network you want to connect to.
Thus, you will be able to set your Netgear EX6200 WiFi range extender up and use it for better coverage.
This completes our instructional for Netgear EX6200 setup and you are good to go ahead and use this device. In case you are looking for any other additional information, you can post the query in the comments section below.
Further, to find more articles like this one, be sure to visit our website. You are going to find various tech-based articles over there.