Routers have plenty of advancements. With time, new features arise only to serve the users conveniently. But, it doesn’t spare them from manifesting errors. Netgear error 651 is one such problem.
This is a glitch which occurs when the configuration of the modem is not correct. At times, due to the missing or a faulty system file, the struggle between IP addresses, broken configuration of the internet, or corrupted registry, the error code appears.
Furthermore, the sight of this error is extremely annoying as the users cannot conduct any work. And they seek immediate solutions.
But, as it goes, one cannot troubleshoot any error properly unless they know the potential reasons which induce it.
Also, it is necessary to know the fundamentals of the issue before deciding to make an attempt with the solutions.
In this article, we will guide you to troubleshoot the Netgear modem error 651 completely. Therefore, take a glance at the underlying methods and implement each step with care.
6 Effective Procedures to Treat the 651 Error
Now that we have already discussed the reasons and the fundamentals of the error code at the beginning, proceed to the underlying procedures.
Also, you will notice that you can easily detect and track the areas to check in order to troubleshoot the error. Therefore, stick through and implement the procedures properly.
Procedure 1: Update the Version of Windows
At times, it is the outdated version of Windows which triggers all the incompatibility and problems. Conflict takes place between the Operating System and the modem. Therefore, proceed to update the Windows version.
- At first, head to the Start menu of the system. Then, click on the search bar and then type “Settings”. Hit the Enter key to launch the Settings window.
- Then, click on the Update and Security option within the Settings window. This triggers the system to launch a window.
- After that, click on Check for the Update in order to check if there is any update available.
- Next, in case you see any update which is suitable for your system, proceed to click on the Download option.
Finally, when the download is over, install it. For this, implement the steps on the screen. After that, Restart the system in order to make the changes effective.
Also, you can seek the help of an expert for troubleshooting it.
Procedure 2: Update the Latest Driver for your Modem
If the last method was not much of a success, proceed to try the steps mentioned here. In this procedure, we direct you to update the driver for the modem you use.
- For this, navigate to the Start menu and in the search bar, type “Device Manager”. Then, proceed to hit Enter on the keyboard in order to select it from the list of results.
- Then, head to expand the section of Monitors or Network Adapters in order to locate the name of your device.
- After that, right-click on it and then opt for the option of Update Driver. Next, left-click on the option which says Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Now, if Windows doesn’t require a new driver, proceed to look for one on the website of the device manufacturer. Then, go through the instructions on-screen.
If the above-mentioned steps don’t work, make an attempt to reinstall the driver. To do this, start the Device Manager. Then, right-click on the device name and then proceed to left-click on the option to Uninstall.
Finally, proceed to Restart the system. This would induce the system to reinstall the driver once again.
However, if this method was not productive in yielding the result you desire, proceed with the underlying procedure. Also, if the connection failed with error 651, you can skip all this and seek expert help.
Procedure 3: Recreating Dial-Up Connections
If the last procedure wasn’t helpful, you must try the steps mentioned in this method.
During the connection to the device, your internet connection might hang. Therefore, the correct solution for resolving the issue is to build the dial-up connection anew. For this, follow the underlying steps.
- Firstly, you need to right-click on the option for “Dial-Up” or “Broadband connection”.
- Then, select the option which says Create a Copy and then eradicate the current connection.
- After that, start the option of the Network & Sharing Center. Just click on Change Adapter Settings.
- Finally, opt for the option of broadband or dial-up connection. Do not simply click on it, do a right-click and then proceed to select Create Copy.
Through this process, you can easily form a replica of the current connection. And then, delete the last connection and then redial the new one.
In this way, you can resolve the Netgear modem error 651. If this does not solve the problem, the next method will surely do.
Also, you can opt for employing the expert mind of a technical professional.
Procedure 4: Repair the Registry Key
At times, the presence of a faulty or wrong registry key can induce the error code which further stirs annoyance. However, this needs some immediate treatment.
And for this, read the underlying points which hold the detailed and step-by-step instructions.
- At first, head to the Home Screen and then click on the Start button and then proceed to type in the box, Advanced Startup Options.
- Then, you will notice a general Settings screen. Locate the option for Advanced Startup which is present at the right side of the screen.
- Next, click on the option to initiate the Restart process. Now, the system starts in the Advanced Startup mode.
- Then, click on the option which states Automatic Repair. The system begins to Reboot.
- After that, choose the administrative account. Then, the automatic repair tool tends to identify as well as adjust any malicious presence in the registry.
In this way, if you see that the connection failed with error 651, you must implement the above-mentioned steps with care.
Now, in case this doesn’t bring proper results, you must proceed to the successive method. The next one is sure to fight it off.
Procedure 5: Boot the Device in Safe Mode
When the above-mentioned methods don’t work, it is best to boot the device in Safe Mode.
Also, this procedure is effective to resolve plenty of issues apart from just this.
However, read the steps and implement them carefully:
- Firstly, Restart the computer in case it is turned On.
- After that, press the button F8 which is present at the top of the keyboard.
- Therein, when you notice their an option for Advanced Boot, stop pressing it.
- Then, use the arrow keys which go either up or down in order to highlight your preference.
- Next, chode the option for Safe Mode with Networking. And then, hit the Enter button.
- Then, wait for some time since it takes a while for the drivers to load.
- After that, you’d notice a screen which greets you welcome.
- Finally, log in to your computer. Make sure that the account you are using possesses the Administrative rights and privileges.
This method is sure to bring about the change that you desire. But, if it is a rare scenario, that is, the issue still lingers, head to the next procedure.
Procedure 6: Reset TCP/IP on your PC
Transmission Control Protocol or the Internet Protocol is the full form of the technical abbreviation TCP/IP. Basically, it is employed in the private network as a communication protocol.
Moreover, they are responsible for the diverse parts while the processing of the Internet connection. The Transmission Control Protocol or the Internet Protocol tends to define how the applications can create and form communication channels via a network
IP, on the other hand, is responsible for the location of each packet. Also, it makes sure that it is correctly set to the proper destination.
However, in order to solve the Netgear modem error 651, read and implement the underlying solutions carefully. You can make an attempt to reset the TCP/IP in order to reconnect to the Windows network stack.
- Firstly, in the taskbar’s search box, type “cmd”.
- Then, right-click on the Command Prompt in case you are using Windows 7. After that, select the option which states Run as administrator.
- Next, click on Yes in order to confirm. After that, paste the command: “netsh int ip reset reset.log”. Hit the Enter key to let the command take effect.
- Now, after you have completed the command, proceed to Restart the PC. In this way, you must try to reconnect it.
In this way, the Netgear error disappears with the proper implementation of the right steps. Simply, follow the instructions that each method presents. And, if one procedure doesn’t bring the desired changes, there are five others which can treat the problem perfectly.
In this way, you can easily solve the problem which is the Netgear modem error 651 which is annoying you. Also, make sure to implement the steps carefully and with caution as well.
You will receive the desired changes.
However, at times, the problem does not resolve even after attempting all the procedures. But, that could mean that the problem lies somewhere else. The reasons can also be something critical which would require professional hands to ease the users out of the problems.