You may have to Reset Netgear Router due to several reasons. Maybe you are facing some issues connecting to the internet or you have forgotten the password. In such cases, you’ll do well if you Reset Netgear Router.
However, you need to keep one thing in mind that resetting your router will remove all the settings you personalized till now including the WiFi network name, user name, password, and all the security settings.
Resetting Netgear Router
If you do not know how to reset your Netgear router, you do not have to worry about it. We have provided detailed instructions to Reset Netgear Router below.
- Make sure that the Power light of your router is on.
- Find the Restore Factory Settings or the Reset button at the back of the Netgear router.
- Press and hold the Restore Factory Settings or Reset Button for at least 10 seconds. To do that, use a paper clip or something like that.
- Now release the Reset button. After it, the router resets.
After the reset, you’ll have to use the default login credentials to log in to the router. The default User Name will be ‘admin’ and the default password will be ‘password.’
How to Reset Password on Netgear Router
Sometimes you might forget the password of your Netgear router when you do not log in for a long time. In this scenario, you do not have to reset the router. You can reset just the password and below we have provided instructions about that in detail.
- Type www.routerlogin.net. in the address field of the browser. It will take you to a login window.
- Cancel it. You have to put the router’s serial number if the password recovery is enabled. You will find the serial number on the product label.
- Now put the router’s serial number.
- Select Continue and a new window will open that will ask you some security questions added by you previously and you have to answer them.
- Choose Continue then and you will see a screen displaying to reset the password.
- Now put the new password there and confirm it.
- Put your security questions there or you can set new security questions if you want to.
- Select the Next button and it will reset the password successfully.
- Click on Login to open the router with the new password.
Hopefully, you have reset your Netgear router or its password already with the help of these instructions.