Resetting or you can say restoring the Netgear router to its default factory settings is the very next step to be considered if a user is facing difficulty in accessing the Internet via a router. Also, if a user has forgotten their Netgear password, then they can follow these below given steps to see how to reset a Netgear router. Professional help is also offered at the Netgear Router Support Phone Number panel to allow users easily manage such task.
- Locate the reset button at the back of the Netgear router carefully to avoid occurring any type of error. The button will appear as a small and recessed so as to avoid unwanted accidental resets.
- Take a pen or a paper clip to press and hold the reset button for some time unless its test light begins to blink. Pressing and holding the reset button is required for up to 10 seconds.
- Release the reset button and you will see that the Netgear router is in the rebooting process.
- Log in to the router on the computer by using the default Netgear login details: username and password. The default username will be “admin,” and the default password can either be “1234” or a “password.
- Wait for the router to accept these login information entered. If still facing issues in login process in to the router, then continue to follow the remaining steps described below.
- Unplug the Netgear router from the power outlet if any problem is found.
- Take a pen or paper clip to press and hold the reset button, and plug the router back into the power outlet at the same time to avoid any technical error.
- Next, continue to press and hold the reset button for at least 20 seconds after the router has been plugged inside the power outlet. Then he Netgear router will reboot once again automatically.
- At last, log in to the router in the computer with the help of same default username and password information used before. Users will now be logged into the router.
Our Netgear router customer support service is available for different group of customers facing different kinds of issues related to routers worldwide. We work 24 hours a day to meet their daily demands for various workings issues faced by them. We believe in customer satisfaction and have the best track record of the highest success rate to identify customer’s problem and solve them instantly with successful results.
If you are looking to contact Netgear router technical support phone number and searching for online assistance to resolve all your problems, you can call us on our toll-free number and we will get back to you with online tech support service with the best customer care support solution at very reasonable charges.